Fleas are very nasty creatures. They keep hiding in your pet’s hair, and when you rub the fur of your pets while playing with them on the bed or couch, you may notice fleas up on your hands. Fleas are not only intolerable. But they also can cause severe diseases like tapeworms, cat scratch disease, plague, or flea-borne typhus.
The more time you let fleas stay in your home, the more it will be for you to do flea control. And for that first, you need to identify their infestation. In this article, we will discuss 6 signs of a flea infestation and will help you to do flea control.
- Excessive scratching, irritability, or hair loss in pets: As referenced, fleas generally get into homes through pets. So, you can recognize the primary indications of a flea infestation by watching your pets. If feline or canine scratches more than they typically do, fleas might have gotten into their fur. Fleabites bother creatures, so your pet might be out of nowhere peevish or incapable to rest whenever plagued with fleas. A few kinds of fleas can cause flea sensitivity dermatitis, which is balding because of a hypersensitive response to fleas. Scratching, licking, and gnawing on the parts attacked by fleas may likewise cause balding in felines and canines. A few observable indications of going bald will be patches of missing fur and huge amounts of fur in detectors that your pet regularly visits.
- Anemia in pets: Fleas are very nasty, they feed themselves by the blood of your pets. It causes anemia in pets. It is very common to identify anemia, you will get some signs in your pets like low energy, poor appetite, or pale gums. If these signs are visible in your pets, then, you should take them to the clinics for diagnosis or check-ups.
- Flea dirt: If you have a flea infestation in your home, then, you will be able to notice red-brown specks which you can find on your pet or even in some areas of your home. The red-brown or black specks which you have noticed are flea feces which is one of the signs of flea infestation and you need to do flea control in your home as soon as you can.
- Flea eggs or larvae on carpeting: A flea infestation will generally begin from the carpets in your home. Fleas rest up to 50 eggs every day, and these eggs might slide off your pet and into your carpet. Flea eggs might seem to be small white grains of sand on your carpet. The eggs are little, so you might require an amplifying glass to see them. At the point when the flea eggs hatch, they produce flea hatchlings, which seem to be little white caterpillars. These conceal under carpeting and avoid sheets. So, flea control is important for flea or larvae removal.
- Fleabites: Fleabites are one of the most signs of flea infestation and you should not avoid them. Fleas bite leaves itchy red spots on the body which irritate in daily life. So, you better do the best pest control in Elwood.
- Fleas on the bed: Fleas are very likely to attack the bedding. You should keep your or your pet’s bedding clean and neat so that no flea could disturb your or your pet’s sleep.
So, these are the 6 signs of a flea infestation. If you notice these signs in your home, then, it’s time for you to do flea control or hire any professional to remove fleas from your home. Contact Us Today and Make an Appointment.